Monica has more than sixteen years’ experience working with adults, children and young people in different settings and within different roles. In 2010, she completed a MA in Art Psychotherapy at Goldsmiths Collage University of London. Monica has worked as an Art Psychotherapist for the not-for-profit sector, the NHS, schools and in her private practice. Parallel to her role as an art psychotherapist, Monica worked as a team manager delivering therapeutic services in schools for more than eight years.
Monica is an HCPC registered art psychotherapist, a full member of the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) and an Integrative Coach.
She has attended different training such as Dyadic Parent-Child Art Psychotherapy, Supervision training for Art Therapists, Developing Mentalisation, Eco Art Therapy and Transformational Coaching. Currently she is completing a Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Advance Diploma.
Monica is passionate about her work. She is highly motivated and committed to work with people in the process of creating positive changes to their lives. She is interested in the idea that past experiences shape and influence the way we think and act in day to day situations.
Within the safe space of the therapeutic relationship, Monica uses Art, Nature, Mindfulness, Coaching techniques and psychodynamic theories to discover, explore and reflect on the creative adjustments developed in childhood. In that way, new creative adjustments can be formulated leaving the client more flexible, more capable, and more whole.
Monica is qualified to work with children, adolescents and adults. She specialises in stress, anxiety and depression.
– Feeling angry aggressive, irritable, anxious or restless
– Loss of interest, no longer finding pleasure in favourite activities, feeling tired easily, thoughts of suicide, drinking excessively, engaging in high-risk activities
– Inability to concentrate, difficulty completing tasks, delayed responses during conversations, fatigue, pains, headache
– Insomnia, restless sleep, excessive sleepiness
– Feelings of emptiness, hopelessness, loss